About This Clip
Lady Macbeth is an experimental theatre adaptation of Macbeth designed by Lee Kwang-sup and directed by Han Tae-sook. The production was performed by the Theatre Company Mooli at the Jayu Theatre of the Seoul Art Center October 2-15, 1999. It first premiered in 1998 and was reproduced in 1999, 2000, and 2008.
The story is presented through a process in which a doctor uses hypnosis to treat Lady Macbeth, who is suffering from delusion, hysteria and somnambulism, showing us the inner world of Lady Macbeth through her subconsciousness.
Suh Joo-hee as Lady Macbeth
Jung Dong-hwan as Macbeth, Doctor
Lee Young-ran as obzee artist
Director – Han Tae-sook
Production Designer – Lee Kwang-sup
- La tragedia de Macbeth (The Tragedy of Macbeth) (Amalio López, Pedro; 1966)
- Macbeth Mutfakta (Macbeth in the Kitchen) (Tamdoğan, Burak; 2013)
- Macbeth, herói bandido (Macbeth, the Bandit-Hero) (Fagundes, Patricia; 2004)
- Macbeth/İki Kişilik Kâbus (Macbeth/A Nightmare for Two) (Aydın, Elif; 2016)
- Makebai furen (Lady Macbeth) (Cao, Ping; 2001)