The curators of the Global Shakespeare Performance Archive, directed by Peter S. Donaldson, Professor of Literature at MIT, would like to invite you to contribute information and visual materials to the archive. Contributors are encouraged to interpret this invitation geographically, historically, and culturally, including:
- brief summaries of significant Shakespeare productions and adaptations
- video clips from contemporary or older productions of Shakespeare plays and adaptations (and complete videos of selected productions)
- interviews with directors and actors, both young and more established, who have engaged seriously with Shakespeare
- script excerpts of unpublished Shakespeare adaptations and important out-of-print Shakespeare translations
- a bibliography of important scholarly work on Shakespeare and theatre more generally, from regions around the world.
Please contact us if you would like to be involved in this project or if you are able to share any materials (e.g., full video recordings or clips). MIT Global Shakespeares Project staff will work with interested scholars to obtain formal permission from the authors/directors before anything is published online.