About This Clip
Richard Burton’s Hamlet is a 1964 filmed record of the Broadway production of William Shakespeare’s tragedy that played from April 9 through August 8 of that year at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. It is a literal filmed record of the stage production in which three performances were recorded by cameras from June 30 through July 1 using a process called Electronovision and then edited into a single film.
New York Times Review – By Howard Taubman, published: April 10, 1964
- Hamlet (Branagh, Kenneth; 1996)
- Hamlet Project (references to Marowitz’s Hamlet) (Kim, Ara; 1999)
- Hamlet sou eu (I am Hamlet) (Penim, Pedro; 2007)
- Intikam Melegi – Kadin Hamlet (The Angel of Vengeance – The Female Hamlet) (Erksan, Metin; 1977)
- The Al-Hamlet Summit (Al-Bassam, Sulayman; 2004)